Week 1: Introduction & Traditional American Sugar Cookies and Decorations
During the first week of bootcamp students get to know Chef Stephanie, learn their way around our kitchen and meet fellow baking bootcampers. She shows students how to make traditional American Sugar Cookies.
- Find out the secrets to dough and learn how to bake, make icing for and decorate perfect sugar cookies
- Learn different ideas for flooding and unique decorating ideas
Week 2: Mastering French Tarts and Pies
Week two of baking bootcamp begins! Our students will be hard at work learning the tricks of the trade to making classic French tarts and pies.
- Lessons in dough-making and creating a mouth-puckering lemon curd & other delicious pastry creams
- Stephanie guides students through filling the pie shells and finally baking their tarts
Students will not likely require instruction on how to enjoy these perfect little tarts! Let’s see who makes it out of the studio without sampling their creations.
Week 3: Making and plating the perfect Chocolate Soufflé
Baking bootcamp has students whipping up the perfect chocolate soufflé during week three. Chef Stephanie teaches students how to make this impressive dessert from start to finish.
- Learn how to make the batter and how to bake a perfect soufflé
- Create a delicious vanilla crème anglais to top your fluffy dessert
The only thing left to do at the end of class is enjoy!
Week 4: Mastering French Eclairs, Profiteroles & Cream puffs
This must be the only bootcamp where eating eclairs is encouraged! Week four is all about choux. Choux pastry, also known as pâte à choux, is an airy pastry used for making eclairs, cream puffs, profiteroles and more.
- Learn the secrets of preparing the smooth batter required for this delicate dough
- Become a master in piping the hollow puffs with homemade pastry cream
Week 5: Mastering Crème Caramel and Marshmallows – Working with sugar
Bootcampers will be walking on clouds during week five – fluffy marshmallow clouds that is.
- Learn how to use different flavors and colours to make perfect fluffy marshmallows
- Work with gelatin and learn how to cut, coat and present your creations
Stephanie will also share the secrets to making baked custard. Students prep and bake a deliciously creamy crème caramel!
Week 6: The secret to braiding and making perfect bread rolls and loaves
Last week of Baking Bootcamp! Before they go, students have one last class during which Chef Stephanie teaches students how to make the perfect bread rolls and loaves.
- Learn proper kneading, rolling and snipping skills
- Get experience making focaccia, bread rolls and scissor loaves
After six weeks, you’ll leave our bootcamp in the best baking shape of your life!
Book here: http://www.ledolci.com/class-schedule/