Top Tips for Ordering a Wedding Cake:
- Style: Peruse Instagram, Pinterest, our wedding cake page, and your favourite wedding magazines to find a style you love. Check out our pages too via the links!
- Size & Portions: We recommend cake to serve 50-70% of your guests depending on whether you have plated dessert or a sweet table.
- Prices: Prices vary depending on your design preferences but generally wedding cakes range at $5-$12 per portion. If you’re looking for gold on your cake, we use 24k edible gold which increases the cost of your cake.
- Trends: Naked cakes and fresh flowers on cakes were hugely popular in 2014 and we expect this trend to continue. We can work with your florist or our preferred supplier to make a beautiful cake with fresh flowers and berries.
- Having a large wedding?: A tip to save money is to have a regular sized 3-4 tiered cake and have a slab cake to serve the remainder of guests. This saves on costs and guests would never notice that your cake has been supplemented with a simpler design that has been cut behind the scenes.
Have a great day and let’s chat cake!
Wedding Cake Specialist