Swiss Meringue Buttercream
450g egg whites (pasteurized)
675g butter (soft and unsalted)
vanilla (to taste)
- In a large bowl over a ban-Marie combine egg whites and sugar and cook occasionally whisking to allow for even cooking.
- Mixture is ready when its warm to the touch and sugar is dissolved completely (rub the mixture between your fingers, continue to cook if you feel any gritty texture.)
- Transfer to a bowl of an electric mixer fitter with a whisk attachment and whisk till cool to the touch, around 25 min
- Add softened butter gradually and whip till incorporated, then add vanilla or the flavours of your liking.
- Flavor the buttercream however you like, whip in extract, melted chocolate, fruit purees or even oreo crumbs, let your creativity shine!!!