CHEESE PUFFS/ GOUGERES
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter (or quarter butter lb block)
1 cup + 3 tablespoons flour
1 cup grated low moisture cheese (eg parmesan, gruyere, old cheddar)
1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
- Combine water, milk, sugar, salt and butter in a pot. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Add all flour to the pot and while on the heat source, whisk together until homogeneous and a smooth dough is formed.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl OR stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- Add eggs one at a time while mixing. Only add next egg once the dough has fully incorporated the previous egg.
- Add cheese (and mustard if using) and mix through thoroughly.
- Pipe (or scoop) and bake at 390F or 200C for 10-15 mins (depends on size of choux).
- Best eaten while still warm!