Santa Claus will be happy with cupcakes this year! At our Christmas Cupcake class, suitable for any age, you will work with tools that professional cake makers use to create your own colorful and Christmas-y cupcake works of art! You will work with fondant and professional food colouring to make simple shapes and decorations for your little bundles of goodness. Using our deliciously smooth buttercream icing you will test out different nozzles and colors to make wonderful swirls and twirls. Like the twelve days of Christmas you will leave with twelve fabulously decorated cupcakes that your friends and family will be suitably impressed by!
With the New Year quickly approaching, we are developing new and exciting classes for our wonderful customers in 2012. After many requests, mini fondant cake classes have been added to our roster! In this class you will learn to work with fondant and sugar paste to create various dainty flowers, butterflies and cake embellishments. Students will learn to properly level, dirty ice and cover a cake in rolled fondant. This class will teach students tricks of the trade and all of the steps required to make a professional looking fondant, covered cake.
Class time – 3hrs.
First class February 19 th.
In another week it’ll be December and we all know what that means: gift-hunting for the holidays! All of us have so much going on with our lives whether it’s work, school, friends, family, and hobbies, or vacations – or maybe even a little bit of everything! With all of that going on, the holidays can be tough, juggling events and holiday get-togethers on top of having to figure out the perfect gifts for your loved ones.
Le Dolci to the rescue!
Your favourite cupcake studio is here with the perfect gift solution for all your friends and family: gift certificates! Gift certificates are redeemable for any of our fabulous classes – marvelous macarons, terrific truffles, introduction to cake pops, and any one of our many themed introduction to cupcake decorating classes!
Perfect for the people in your life who love sweets, who want to learn about professional cake artistry, or who just want to enjoy a relaxing time doing something out of the ordinary. Feel happy this holiday season knowing you’re giving a thoughtful, sweet gift.
Purchase through our site’s class schedule page values of $60 & $80 or give us a call to order in any amount and we will post you a little white envelope of sweet fun.
When we’re not baking, decorating cupcakes or hosting classes, we love exploring the neighborhoods that surround our studio. One of our favorite strips to shop, drop, and eat is Queen West! The Queen West neighborhood, known for its cafes, contemporary art galleries, and independent clothing stores, is roughly defined as the stretch of land from Spadina Ave. on the east to Dufferin Street on the west. It’s a wonderful area and we highly recommend exploring it before or after attending one of our decorating classes!
A few of our favorite places:
- Magic Pony! We love this adorable, eclectic shop full of one-of-a-kind stationery, jewelry, kitchen accessories, and toys. Our intern, Deb, is absolutely in love with The Simpsons collectible figurines, Little Red Riding Hood teacups, and gorgeous stationery.
- Cabaret – a must pop in to! Admire their beautiful vintage dresses and hats (inspired by Jackie O).
- Anne Sportun Experimental Jewelry where you’ll find gorgeous glittery pieces.
- MOCCA (Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art). It’s FREE and the gallery is always hosting new exhibits. Enjoy an afternoon of homegrown and foreign talent here!
- Exploring works up an appetite so enjoy a sweet nibble at Nadege Patisserie (the rainbow of macarons will make you squeal with delight!) and a meal at Terroni, a fabulous Italian pizzeria and eatery.
- To end off a great day, relax at the Drake Hotel with a drink and soak in the sights and sounds from their rooftop patio, The Sky Yard in the summer or their cool lounge any other time of year.
Right, tour guide services are complete! Let us know if you want more information on our fabulous area of the city.
Not only do we love eating sweets (it’s kind of a given working in a cupcake studio!), but we also love everything that has to do with sweet treats including beautiful and adorable jewelery! Who can resist cupcake earrings and charm bracelets, ice cream cone necklaces, and gingerbread man earrings? Even if you can’t get around to eating the real thing, these accessories will fill the sugary void for the time being. Many of these gorgeous baubles were purchased from talented artisans and crafters on Etsy, an online emporium of lovingly made handmade garments, accessories, stationery, and home decor. Etsy is an amazing place to browse and shop and it’s wonderful knowing you’re supporting independent businesses when you purchase something from there. Here at Le Dolci we truly appreciate beautiful craftsmanship because we know the love and artistry that goes into making pretty things, like our cupcakes! Have a sweet day and try your best not to drool over these delectable desserts!
Project Engagement presents: FORK U, taking place on Wednesday, November 30th at Muzik nightclub. Project Engagement is a registered not-for-profit organization that helps families in Toronto/GTA who are in need.
- Chef Victor Barry of Splendido;
- Chef Matthew DeMille of Enoteca Sociale;
- Chef Steve Gonzalez, Top Chef Canada contestant;
- Chef Carl Heinrich of Marben;
- Chef Nick auf der Mauer of Porchetta & Co.; and
- Barque Smokehouse.
- and our Le Dolci Cupcakes!