BREAD - Date Night: Intro to Bread - Challah
Join us for our Challah Class!
BOOK FOR TWO PEOPLE AND GET A SPECIAL PROMOTIONAL PRICE!!
This class is great for absolute beginners! And you will achieve all this in just ONE day! Wow!
This is a 2 hour class
Spend 2 hours with our talented chef to learn the art of making Challah. You will walk away with not 1 but 2 loaves of this heavenly bread. One classic braided Challah and one filled loaf. You will learn the building blocks for tackling any bread recipe with confidence and success after you attend this class. You will mix your own dough from pre-scaled ingredients that our chef prepares for you.
In this class you will learn:
- How to mix your own challah dough
- How to properly proof your challah dough
- The fundamentals of yeast and why it’s important in a bread recipe
- How to braid your dough and dough braiding techniques
- How to make a variation of challah called babka
- How to make babka crumble
You will leave this class with:
- Unproved challah and babka to be baked at home (to fill your home with its lovely scent)
- Knowledge of enriched and challah bread dough
- With the confidence to know how to braid your challah at home
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of bread recipes and an understanding of how to use yeast
- Our challah dough and crumble recipe (emailed to you before class)
Pictures are for display purposes only. Our chef will talk you through design elements in any picture shown, but for efficiency you will be guided by her in terms of design.
If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us to discuss before you book a spot.
All ingredients and equipment is provided, you do not need to bring anything with you. Our chef will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
Add one of our "Good Things Come To Those Who Bake" Aprons when booking your class to bring home one of our lovely aprons!
Please use our hashtag #ledolci and tag us @ledolci when posting your class creations on social media. We’d love to share your content with our followers.