Two Tier Cake Class
Come along to our brand new Two tiered buttercream Cake Course!
This class is PERFECT FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS! And you will achieve all this in just ONE day! Wow!
This is a 5 hour class with lunch break provided. Go to local cafe/one hour break.
We will pre-bake the cakes for you and make buttercream so you can get to the super fun decorating part. This course is instructed by one of our very talented teachers. What a great way to spend a day! Plus, the best part is, you will bring home a fully decorated delicious 2 tiered cake that YOU will have made.
In this class, you will learn:
– How to cut and layer vanilla cake
– The method of how to make Swiss Meringue Buttercream
– How to prepare your cakes for decorating
– How to use essential cake decorating equipment to achieve smooth straight sides on your cake
– How to add supports and stack a 2 tiered cake
-How to create buttercream flowers using piping tips, parchment square and piping bags
– How to use edible flourishes to decorate and finish your cake.
You will go home with:
– A two tier 4inch and 6inch round cake that you will have decorated yourself
– New understanding of swiss meringue buttercream
– New skills in decorating using very trendy techniques and designs
– An understanding of layering and stacking cakes
-An understanding on how to replicate future tiered cakes
An understanding of buttercream flowers and techniques
- Vanilla cake recipe, swiss meringue buttercream recipe, and a guide to buttercream flowers recipe emailed to you after class.
The pictures are for display purposes only. Your teacher will talk you through design elements in any picture shown, but for efficient running of this class, you will be guided by her in terms of design.
All ingredients and equipment, including transport boxes, for your cake course are provided, you do not need to bring anything with you. The teacher will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us to discuss before you book a place.
If you would like, you can bring a large bag to carry your cake home. We provide sturdy cardboard boxes, but you may find it easier to carry your cake in a reusable tote bag especially if taking public transit to class.
Please note that we do NOT allow video recording of our classes, though photos are encouraged. Please use our hashtag #ledolci when posting your class creations on social media.