CAKE DECORATING - Three Day Christmas Baking & Decorating Masterclass
Come along to our brand new in person Three Day Christmas baking and decorating Masterclass! This class is PERFECT FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS!
This is a 3 day course, 5 hours each day and includes lunch
Here is our three day schedule of what you will learn:
DAY 1:COOKIE BAKING AND DECORATING
- Learn how to scale out and mix sugar cookie dough
- Learn how to scale out and mix drop cookie
- How to properly roll out dough
- The method of how to make Royal Icing
- How to cut and perfectly bake sugar cookie dough
- How to prepare royal icing piping bags for decorating
- How to use piping bags to decorate and finish your colourful cookies
- How to scoop, bake and chill drop cookies
- How to create window cookies
- How to sandwich sugar cookies with different fillings
Day2: GINGERBREAD CUPCAKES AND DECORATING
- Learn how to scale out and mix a delicious gingerbread cake batter
- The method and how to make and flavour Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- How to use piping bags and tips to decorate cupcakes with buttercream
- Learn how to scale out and mix gingerbread dough
- How to properly roll out gingerbread dough
- How to use royal icing from cookie decoration
- How to cut and assemble mini gingerbread houses
Day 3: DECORATING CHRISTMAS TREE CAKE
- How to cut and layer a vanilla cake
- How to use essential cake tools to achieve smooth straight side on you cake
- How to cover your cake in fondant and which tools to use
- How to use fondant cut- outs to decorate and finish your cake
- How to work with gumpaste and fondant to create a fondant Christmas tree
You will go home with:
-A variety of decorative sugar cookies and drop cookies you made on Day 1
- 12 pack decorative buttercream and gingerbread cupcakes that you designed on Day 2
-A one tier 6’’ round fondant cake with gumpaste topper that you will have created Day 3
– New understanding of swiss meringue buttercream
-An understanding of piping buttercream design with different piping tips
-An understanding or Royal icing and its many uses
– New skills in decorating using very trendy techniques and designs
– An understanding of layering cakes
-An understanding of a variety of different cookie doughs and their methods
-An understanding on how to replicate future cakes and style
- Gingerbread cake recipe, vanilla cake recipe, swiss meringue buttercream recipe, royal icing recipe, gibergread dough, sugar cookie dough and crinkle cookie dough recipe emailed to you after class.
The pictures are for display purposes only. Your teacher will talk you through design elements in any picture shown, but for efficient running of this class, you will be guided by her in terms of design.
All ingredients and equipment, including transport boxes, for your course are provided, you do not need to bring anything with you. The teacher will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us to discuss before you book a place.
If you would like, you can bring a large bag to carry your goodies home. We provide sturdy cardboard boxes, but you may find it easier to carry your goodies in a reusable tote bag especially if taking public transit to class.
To attend this class, as with all in-person classes, you must show proof of full vaccination, as per the Ontario regulations. More information will be provided to you once you’ve completed your registration.
Please note that we do NOT allow video recording of our classes, though photos are encouraged. Please use our hashtag #ledolci when posting your class creations on social media.