CAKE DECORATING - How to Decorate a Rainbow Cake
Come along to our Rainbow Cake Decorating Class
This class is ideal for all levels of baker! And you will achieve all this in just ONE day! Wow!
This is a 3 hour class
We will pre-bake the cakes for you and make buttercream so you can get to the super fun decorating part. This cake class is instructed by one of our very talented chefs. What a great way to spend a day! The best part is, you will bring home a fully decorated yummy colourful vanilla cake that YOU will have made.
In this class, you will learn:
- How to cut and layer 8” vanilla cake
- Theory behind Swiss and American buttercream
- How to prepare your cakes for decorating
- How to use essential cake decorating equipment to achieve smooth straight sides on your cake
- How to use piping tips to decorate and finish your colourful cake
You will go home with:
- A one tier 8" round, tall rainbow cake that you will have decorated yourself
- New understanding of Swiss meringue buttercream
- New skills in decorating using trending/up to date techniques and designs
- An understanding of layering cakes
- An understanding of how to replicate future buttercream cakes
- Vanilla cake recipe, chocolate drip, Swiss meringue buttercream recipe, and American buttercream recipe (emailed to you after class)
Pictures are for display purposes only. Our chef will talk you through design elements in any picture shown, but for efficiency, you will be guided by her in terms of design.
All ingredients and equipment, including transport boxes, for your cake course are provided, you do not need to bring anything with you. Our chef will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us to discuss before you book a place.
If you would like, you can bring a large bag to carry your cake home. We provide sturdy cardboard boxes, but you may find it easier to carry your cake in a reusable tote bag especially if taking public transit to class.
Please use our hashtag #ledolci and tag us @ledolci when posting your class creations on social media. We’d love to share your content with our followers.