CAKE DECORATING - Chocolate Drip & Sprinkle 2 Day Cake Class
Come along to our brand new Chocolate Drip & Sprinkle Cake Class
This class is PERFECT FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS! And you will achieve all this in a 2 part workshop ! Wow!
This is 2 day class, 2 hours each day
On Day 1 you will be learning cake foundations. You will bake your own 6’’x 3 layer vanilla cake by hand. You will then work in groups to create and make your own vanilla buttercream using a stand mixer. On Day 2 you will get to the super fun decorating part. This class is instructed by one of our very talented teachers. What a great way to spend a weekend! Plus, the best part is, you will bring home a fully decorated delicious vanilla cake that YOU will have made from scratch!
In this class, you will learn:
– How to bake the perfect oil based vanilla cake from scratch
– How to make Swiss Meringue Buttercream from scratch
-How to cut and layer vanilla cake
– How to prepare your cakes for decorating
– How to use essential cake decorating equipment to achieve smooth straight sides on your cake
– How to use chocolate drip to decorate your cake
– How to use piping bags, tips and sprinkles to decorate and finish your cake.
You will go home with:
– A one tier 6’’ round cake that you will have baked decorated yourself
– New understanding of swiss meringue buttercream
-New understanding of Vanilla Cake
– New skills in decorating using very trendy techniques and designs
– An understanding of layering cakes
-An understanding on how to replicate future Vanilla sprinkle cakes
- Vanilla cake recipe, swiss meringue buttercream recipe, and chocolate drip recipe emailed to you after class.
The pictures are for display purposes only. Your teacher will talk you through design elements in any picture shown, but for efficient running of this class, you will be guided by her in terms of design.
All ingredients and equipment, including transport boxes, for your cake course are provided, you do not need to bring anything with you. The teacher will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us to discuss before you book a place.
If you would like, you can bring a large bag to carry your cake home. We provide sturdy cardboard boxes, but you may find it easier to carry your cake in a reusable tote bag especially if taking public transit to class.
Add one of our "Good Things Come To Those Who Bake" Aprons to bring home with you after class by selecting the take-home apron option in the drop-down!
To attend this class, as with all in-person classes, you must show proof of full vaccination, as per the Ontario regulations commencing September 22, 2021. More information will be provided to you once you’ve completed your registration.
Please note that we do NOT allow video recording of our classes, though photos are encouraged. Please use our hashtag #ledolci when posting your class creations on social media.