Swiss Meringue Buttercream
450g egg whites (pasteurized)
675g butter (soft and unsalted)
vanilla (to taste)
- In a large bowl over a ban-Marie combine egg whites and sugar and cook occasionally whisking to allow for even cooking.
- Mixture is ready when its warm to the touch and sugar is dissolved completely (rub the mixture between your fingers, continue to cook if you feel any gritty texture.)
- Transfer to a bowl of an electric mixer fitter with a whisk attachment and whisk till cool to the touch, around 25 min
- Add softened butter gradually and whip till incorporated, then add vanilla or the flavours of your liking.
- Flavor the buttercream however you like, whip in extract, melted chocolate, fruit purees or even oreo crumbs, let your creativity shine!!!
Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and we have the perfect gift idea for the woman who does everything!
Bring your mom to our downtown Toronto studio for an afternoon of fun! We offer macaron, cake-pop and cupcake classes where you will have the chance to learn the basics of cake-decorating and baking using professional tools and equipment! Bond with your mom and show her you care while making 12 of your very own specially designed cupcakes using fluffy buttercream icing and professional fondant, or take part in one of our cake-pop classes and learn to make this delicious treat.
For the woman who does it all – do something special for this Mother’s Day and make some memories!