1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup 35% cream
2 egg yolks
2 TBSP sugar
Chocolate Mousse (with half of creme anglaise)
3/4 cup dark chocolate (chopped)
2/3 cup soft whipped cream (35%)
Instructions for Creme Anglaise:
1. Mix egg yolks vigorously with sugar until pale yellow in colour.
2. Combine milk and cream in a pot. Bring to a rolling boil but do not leave the pot to overboil!
3. Temper hot liquid into egg mixture, adding a small amount of liquid and then whisky vigorously, multiple times. Do not cook the eggs!
4. Return whole mixture to pot and continuously whisk until the viscosity of creme anglaise is such that it clings to the back of a spoon and a line can be drawn through the cream on the back of the spoon.
5. Pass the mixture through a sieve and into container for fridge storage and cover liquid directly with parchment or plastic.
6. Serve cold alongside jello, chocolate cake…
Instructions for Chocolate Mousse :
1. Whip cream until soft peaks form.
2. Pour hot creme anglaise over chocolate. Leave to sit for ~30 seconds and then whisk until homogeneous.
3. Fold in whipped cream into chocolate/creme anglaise mixture, a third at a time.
4. Transfer to cups/dessert bowls and leave to set in the fridge, ~2-3 hours.
We’ll be carrying delicious Ice Pops at our new store from Augie’s Gourmet Ice Pops! They’re all handmade and only fresh, natural ingredients are used. The flavours are very unique and fun, so we can’t wait for you to try them.
Janet Dimond, the owner of Augie’s Gourmet Ice Pops, launched the company last year on the long weekend in May. At the Roncesvalles Area Yard Sale, there were a couple hundred of her gourmet Ice Pops being sold. Due to the tremendous success, Janet decided to make her Ice Pops available to the masses. The combination of good timing, help from friends, and a bit of good luck, Augie’s Gourmet Ice Pops received a lot of exposure and caught the attention of many food lovers and the media! Toronto Star featured an article on Augie’s Gourmet Ice Pops and Salad King is currently offering these Ice Pops at their restaurant!
Janet blends freshly squeezed juices, citrus and herbs to create fruit-bomb Ice Pops that attract a crowd from every walk of life. She emphasizes on the use of fresh, local, seasonal products as often as possible and buys from the farmers at the Markets where she sells her Ice Pops. Oh and if you’re wondering about the “Augie” in “Augie’s Gourmet Ice Pops”, it’s actually the name of Janet’s golden retriever 🙂
We’ve already taste-tested a variety of flavours and decided on ones that we think you’d love! We won’t tell you which particular flavours we’ll have at our store yet, but these are just some mouth-watering flavours that Augie’s Gourmet Ice Pop carries:
– Grapefruit, Lime + Ginger
– Pineapple, Ginger + Lime with Coconut Milk and Kaffir Lime leaf
– Watermelon, Lemon + Mint
– Raspberry with maple syrup + lime
– Blueberry Lemonade + mint
Don’t they all sound very interesting and delish? As summer is approaching, they’ll be a delightful treat for the warm, summer days and not to mention, oh-so-refreshing!