Sweet cream filling sandwiched between soft, melt-in-your-mouth meringue shells – that’s the beauty of Parisian macarons! Not only do we love cupcakes, but we also adore eating and experimenting with macarons and have many happy students who have taken our Marvelous Macaron class with Mardi to prove it.
Tucked in delicate display cases like fine jewels, patisseries from all over the world are catching on to the artistry and fun of this luxurious sweet treat. We can’t get enough of these dainty sweets and if we had to choose a favourite macaron shop straight from the source, it would have to be Ladurée in Paris, France. The hush setting of the shop features macarons, cakes, pastries, chocolates, a delicatessen, home fragrances and candles, and beauty products to pamper those sweet cheeks and lips. It is our version of heaven, in Paris, so we couldn’t ask for anything more.
Our favourite things about Ladurée and their macarons have to be their seasonal flavours (grape cinnamon, Granny Smith apple, and forêt noire, also known as Black Forest) and how they combine fashion with sweets! We thought we were happy when we discovered murder mystery novels centred around sweets and cute dessert jewelery and baubles, but incorporating fashion design and sweets just takes the cake!
Ladurée has several collections of macarons that are packaged in fashionable houndstooth boxes and boxes made to replicate the look of luxurious, antique jewelery boxes. Just think, after you polish off the box of sweet delicious macarons, you can keep the beautiful packaging! If you have a sweet tooth like we do and love to travel, you absolutely must indulge in this type of Parisian experience! We luv.
In another week it’ll be December and we all know what that means: gift-hunting for the holidays! All of us have so much going on with our lives whether it’s work, school, friends, family, and hobbies, or vacations – or maybe even a little bit of everything! With all of that going on, the holidays can be tough, juggling events and holiday get-togethers on top of having to figure out the perfect gifts for your loved ones.
Le Dolci to the rescue!
Your favourite cupcake studio is here with the perfect gift solution for all your friends and family: gift certificates! Gift certificates are redeemable for any of our fabulous classes – marvelous macarons, terrific truffles, introduction to cake pops, and any one of our many themed introduction to cupcake decorating classes!
Perfect for the people in your life who love sweets, who want to learn about professional cake artistry, or who just want to enjoy a relaxing time doing something out of the ordinary. Feel happy this holiday season knowing you’re giving a thoughtful, sweet gift.
Purchase through our site’s class schedule page values of $60 & $80 or give us a call to order in any amount and we will post you a little white envelope of sweet fun.
When we’re not baking, decorating cupcakes or hosting classes, we love exploring the neighborhoods that surround our studio. One of our favorite strips to shop, drop, and eat is Queen West! The Queen West neighborhood, known for its cafes, contemporary art galleries, and independent clothing stores, is roughly defined as the stretch of land from Spadina Ave. on the east to Dufferin Street on the west. It’s a wonderful area and we highly recommend exploring it before or after attending one of our decorating classes!
A few of our favorite places:
- Magic Pony! We love this adorable, eclectic shop full of one-of-a-kind stationery, jewelry, kitchen accessories, and toys. Our intern, Deb, is absolutely in love with The Simpsons collectible figurines, Little Red Riding Hood teacups, and gorgeous stationery.
- Cabaret – a must pop in to! Admire their beautiful vintage dresses and hats (inspired by Jackie O).
- Anne Sportun Experimental Jewelry where you’ll find gorgeous glittery pieces.
- MOCCA (Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art). It’s FREE and the gallery is always hosting new exhibits. Enjoy an afternoon of homegrown and foreign talent here!
- Exploring works up an appetite so enjoy a sweet nibble at Nadege Patisserie (the rainbow of macarons will make you squeal with delight!) and a meal at Terroni, a fabulous Italian pizzeria and eatery.
- To end off a great day, relax at the Drake Hotel with a drink and soak in the sights and sounds from their rooftop patio, The Sky Yard in the summer or their cool lounge any other time of year.
Right, tour guide services are complete! Let us know if you want more information on our fabulous area of the city.
Dainty, pretty and sweet would be the right way to describe our Vintage Cupcakes. This class will teach the basics of cupcake decorating with a vintage twist – learn how to work with fondant and professional food coloring. Join us for this special class, it will be an overall sweet experience in a cozy atmosphere.
Prepare to see some fabulous ‘taches being sported on men around the world because in just one week, men will be growing some hairy bits over their lip to promote awareness and raise funds for prostate cancer. On November 1st, Movember officially begins and guys can say goodbye to a squeaky-clean shaven face and raise money for moustache-growing efforts. At Le Dolci, Toronto’s fun, foodie studio, we are showing our support by not waxing our lady moustaches this month (ha, ha) and hosting a Movember cupcake class at Le Dolci, with a portion of class profits going to Movember.
Join us for this fabulously fun class where you are sure to leave with a box of sinfully delicious treats and a bit of creative time under your belt. We hear eating cupcakes makes your ‘tash grow faster.
Touting all natural ingredients, Le Dolci is a great place for young, old and in between to come and try their hand at creating an edible work of art.
Le Dolci’s Movember class is Saturday November 19th, 2011 from 1-3pm.
Sooo…you want to decorate cupcakes at home but don’t know where to start?? We have a ‘Sweet Starter Package’ which is perfect to fill your icing sugar toolbox with all of the basics!
Make your own wonderful cupcakes at home with our starter kit!
- White rolled fondant-1kg -this is great for you to make any shapes and fun stuff to top your cupcakes with
- Fondant rolling pin- non-stick rolling pin is perfect for preparing small amounts of fondant to decorate with. Roll out fondant evenly, comes with two guide rings (1/8” & 1/16”)
- Food colouring– primary colors which can mix to make any colour 1) red 2) blue 3) green 4) yellow
- Cupcake cases – two packs: one for minis & one for regular sized cupcakes – these 500 packs will last for ages!
- Fondant cutters – basic 3 piece metal star, heart, circle and flower cutters (total qty. 4)
- Piping bags– we suggest reusable ones as you never need to worry about buying them again and also they are great for the environment! Our bags are made for pastry chefs so are great quality, made in Germany. Our 18inch bag is what we suggest for your sugary toolbox.
Cost for your starter toolbox is $84.99 +HST.
We think this would be a great package to start with and then you can add more to the toolbox of fun once you get comfortable with it all and do a little bit of experimenting. Call to order one of our starter packages!
416-262-3400 or email us on info (at)ledolci.com
Blow up some balloons and dish out the noisemakers because there’s a cupcake party at Le Dolci! Our cupcake studio is happy to host private parties chock full of sweets, cupcake decorating, cake eating, and memory-making. Enjoy a day with us and take home some delicious sweets to keep the celebration going. Birthday parties, baby showers, bridal showers, Sweet 16s, bachelorette fun nights, seasonal events – we do it all with our signature cupcake flair. Whether the occasion is a lavish one or a quiet one, for children or adults, let Le Dolci be a part of the memorable events in your life. We know the pain-staking organizing that goes on with party-planning, so let us know the occasion, bring your family and friends, and we’ll take care of rest. Book a private party with us today!
Hello fellow sweet toothed fans!
Our September Newsletter is out today with lots of ideas to fight the back to school and back to work blues. Check out this month’s newsletter by clicking here and make sure you subscribe to next month’s to hear about all about the icing sugar fun going on at Le Dolci this fall!