CHEESE PUFFS/ GOUGERES
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter (or quarter butter lb block)
1 cup + 3 tablespoons flour
1 cup grated low moisture cheese (eg parmesan, gruyere, old cheddar)
1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
- Combine water, milk, sugar, salt and butter in a pot. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Add all flour to the pot and while on the heat source, whisk together until homogeneous and a smooth dough is formed.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl OR stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- Add eggs one at a time while mixing. Only add next egg once the dough has fully incorporated the previous egg.
- Add cheese (and mustard if using) and mix through thoroughly.
- Pipe (or scoop) and bake at 390F or 200C for 10-15 mins (depends on size of choux).
- Best eaten while still warm!
This holiday season sweeten things up with Le Dolci.
Call our special events team to:
- Book your holiday celebration
- Rent our gorgeous studio
- Send out sweet corporate gifts
- Book a holiday-themed culinary class
- Purchase gift certificates for your staff & family
Call our shop at 416-262-3400.
Make this year’s holidays extra-special by giving the gift of homemade holiday cookies.
Take our Holiday Cookie Baking Extravaganza and learn four kinds of cookie baking techniques. At the end of the class, take your cookies home or to the office party.
Don’t forget to leave some out with milk for Santa!
- Candy cane cookies –Learn the drop cookie technique when you make these delectable desserts. Cover them in mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips for a truly unforgettable candy cane cookie!
- Coconut macaroons with chocolate tops – Impress your friends with “easier to make than it looks” chocolate-dipped macaroons.
- Shortbread – learn how to make an egg-free crumbly, melt-in-your-mouth shortbread that will rival Grandma’s.
- Vanilla thumbprints – Fill your delicious shortbread cookies with jam, lemon curd or caramels.
Mark your calendars – we will be at the Luxury Chocolate Show on Sunday November 2 at Roy Thompson Hall. We’re bringing macarons and there will be molecular gastronomy, chocolate fun with Chef Devonne making some wild and wonderful creations.
We’ve added a few new classes to our fall repertoire!
Here is a brief description of one of our new favourites: A Lesson In Molecular Gastronomy – Desserts
In this two-hour, hands-on workshop discover the mysteries of the new “modernist cuisine” movement. Learn new and delicious ways to manipulate food products, presenting them in new forms on your plate. This includes Caviar Bubbles which topped our latest creation: the world’s most expensive cupcake.
Utilizing cooking techniques such as Spherification, Powderizing, Gelification and Air and foams we will create new and exciting dishes to tantalize the senses.
We will familiarize you with ingredients such as sodium alginate, agar agar and Tapioca Maltodextrin.
All participants will receive a set of recipes used in the workshop; and as always, everything is included in the cost (ingredients, tools and supplies).
We hope you join us on September 25th from 7-9pm for the first class!
Team Le Dolci
Molecular Gastronomy Desserts
Discover the secrets behind creating edible Champagne caviar bubbles, rainbow foam, and more in this new class taught by Chef Devonne. You’ll learn how to combine science and cuisine to create one-of-a-kind desserts. $80/person
Learn more about molecular gastronomy here.
- Thursday, September 25, 7-9pm
- Saturday, October 4, 10-12pm
- Thursday, October 23, 7-9pm
- Saturday, October 25, 10-12pm