We’re showcasing our Foodie-Trips culinary adventures and, of course, some of our favourite sweet treats at the 2014 ZoomerShow at the Direct Energy Show on October 25 & 26. We hope you will join us in Italy or Paris next spring for our next two culinary adventures.
JOIN US FOR A CULINARY ADVENTURE IN PARIS THIS OCTOBER
Be part of our second annual foodie trip to Paris.
Book your space before July 30th to receive the early bird price, we have a few spaces remaining.
Dates: Monday October 7th – Saturday October 12th
Paris is one of the world’s top destinations for gourmands. Working side by side with classically trained French chefs you will learn to make some of the most desirable French treats like macarons, croissants, pain au chocolat, éclairs, profiteroles, Paris Brest, baguettes & more. Mornings will be spent in class and in the afternoons you will participate in walks and activities, taking in some of the city’s most atmospheric districts and markets. In the evenings you will dine at some of the city’s best-kept gastronomic secrets and have plenty of free time to explore on your own the world-class museums, galleries & wonderful shopping districts.
During your heavenly week of food tastings & experimentation in the kitchen with us you will have a full time Le Dolci ‘concierge’ with you. Past Le Dolci trips have brought travelers from around the world together for a memorable and entertaining week where great friendships were made and many laughs were shared. We limit space to 10 guests to ensure an intimate and interactive experience.
Pricing includes all culinary classes, select meals and drinks, one week Paris transit pass, welcome pack and a personal concierge service from your Le Dolci host before departure and during your entire journey with us. A souvenir CD of photos will be sent to each guest upon return to their home city.
· EARLY BIRD BOOKING SPECIAL (until July 30th, 2013): $1650.00 pp
· AFTER JULY 30th:$ 1850.00pp
· A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your booking
We leave accommodation and flight options open to your preference and budget. We have however negotiated a preferred rate at a local hotel steps from our culinary academy located in the centre of Paris, just a stone’s throw away from Notre Dame.
To find out more about the trip contact Lisa at Le Dolci to discuss full itinerary details and to reserve your space 416-262-3400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates for Paris 2013 have been announced: Monday October 7- Friday October 12! Stay tuned for full details of our adventure in the majestic City of Lights!
We will dine at our favourite Parisian chic restaurants, show you some hidden gems of the city and get our hands dirty in the kitchen making French pastry and meals with wonderful French chefs. Stay tuned for more details and an updated itinerary but look at last year’s for a glimpse of what to expect!
Greetings from a sunny Paris – the sun seems to have graced us with its presence and it seems like it will stay with us all week!
Today was another day spent exploring; tomorrow we get our hands dirty in the kitchen at La Cuisine Paris so we are very excited! And we get to meet the whole group tomorrow morning!
Today we had fun at:
- The Louvre -if you get there EARLY (like 9am!) you can see the Mona Lisa without the throngs of people in front of you
- The end of the Tour de France! Hooray for Bradley Wiggins!!
- We ate some garlic laden escargots -delish! You must visit restaurant Vins Des Pyrenees when you are in Paris
- Visited the largest synagogue in Paris and got a private tour-which was a nice surprise.
- Drank red vino (that’s a daily given!) and drank lots more coffee paired with more croissants-we can’t control our selves.
While looking through cook books and baking supplies at Good Egg in Kensington Market, we came across a very cute book entitled Pâtisseries à Paris, published by Paumes. Yes, this book is in Japanese, but we couldn’t resist purchasing it because it’s just too adorable!
This book features many famous pâtisseries in Paris, including Pierre Hermé, Ladurée, Angelina, Sadaharu Aoki, Carette, etc. With so many beautiful photos of cakes, macarons, tartlettes, éclairs, and chocolates, it was impossible to put the book back down at the store. Although the writing is in Japanese for the most part, the addresses are not – so that’s still helpful for our upcoming visit to Paris this July! 🙂
Le Dolci will be going to Paris this July, and there is still one more spot left for this fun foodie trip! Along with us, there will be many interesting activities to participate in, such as learning how to bake French pastries and going on tours. You’ll get the chance to make your own bread, croissants, and éclairs! Additionally, there will be optional tasting dinners and cruises to take part in. On this trip, there will also be free afternoons and evenings for you to explore Paris, and visit many of the lovely pâtisseries listed in this book! To find out more about the Paris trip, visit http://www.ledolci.com/paris-2012!
Et voila! More information regarding our July Foodie Trip to Paris! Our partner hotel is The Hotel du Jeu de Paume situated in the romantic Latin Quarter.
Guests who join us on our trip can stay in any accommodation they wish. The city has hundreds of options; from the Hotel Intercontinental to quaint B&Bs or even renting an apartment for the week living like a local, for those wishing to take the guess work out of finding accommodation we have organised a partnership with a local hotel as an option for some of our guests who want to take the guess work out of finding and booking a place to stay.
More about our partner hotel:
- The Hotel du Jeu de Paume is a charming four star hotel on the Île St Louis within walking distance to some of the most famous areas of Paris like le Marais and le Quartier Latin and just a quick stroll along the Seine from our home base of La Cuisine Paris.
- As its name suggests, the hotel is housed in a renovated former Royal tennis court, built under Louis XIII, at the beginning of the 17th century. Offering 27 rooms 27 rooms and 3 suites, all of which are elegantly decorated and equipped with a full bathroom, minibar, flat screen LED TV, phones, and free WiFi access, the Jeu de Paume is a comfortable base for your week exploring Paris.
We have secured a block of rooms at a special rate which will be held for us until May 15th.
- 4 single rooms at €153/night
- 4 double “standard” rooms at €234/ night
- 2 double “superior” rooms at €261/ night
Find out more about this lovely hotel on their website (http://jeudepaumehotel.com/
The Atmosphere in the Latin Quarter!
The hotel terrace
Interior shots of the hotel.