Whip yourself into baking and pastry shape with Le Dolci’s six-week BAKING BOOTCAMP taught by Chef Lindsey. This baking and pastry program will teach you all the fundamentals you need to know to impress your friends, family and yourself at your next dinner party.
Over six weeks, the lovely and passionate Chef Lindsey will teach you all you need to know about:
- October 26 – Week one: Cookie Fundamentals: Scottish Shortbread, Spicy Ginger Molasses Cookies & Chewy Triple Chocolate Dunkers
- November 2 – Week two: Classic French Puff Pastry & Apple-Almond Tart-Tatin
- November 9 – Week three: Soufflé style flourless chocolate & Molten Cakes
- November 16 – Week four: Cheesecake basics and perfect plating
- November 23 – Week five: Chipotle chocolate truffles & marshmallow squares
- November 30 – Week six: Yule Logs with meringue mushrooms
Cost: $450 includes six lessons, all food costs and delicious results to take home. No tools or equipment required.
Grab your spot now!
March 16-20, 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Will your kids be bouncing off the walls on March Break and you are still not sure how you are going to keep them busy? Well, our March Break Baking & Crafts Camp is the perfect solution! Happening between March 16th and March 20th your little ones will put on their aprons and chef hats and start baking culinary creations – everything from marshmallows and truffles to crepes and pies.
Parents can sign their little chefs up for one day or the whole week of culinary fun. This march break’s foodie fun will include:
- marshmallows + hot chocolate
- scones- sweet + savoury
- chocolate truffles
- crepes- sweet + savoury
Crafts, musical activities and healthy snacks and lunches round out the day. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 416-262-3400 to reserve your child’s spot. $360/per child for the full week.
- Ages 4 to 12
July 13 – 17, 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Some of our favourite days of the year here at Le Dolci are our Kids Camps when our studio is bustling with the energy of happy kids getting creative in the kitchen. Let your child learn to be the next chef of the household at our 2015 Summer Camp this July!
Parents can sign their little chefs up for one day or the whole week of culinary fun. This summer’s foodie fun will include:
- pasta making
- mini pies
- candy making
- mini cakes
Crafts, musical activities and healthy snacks and lunches round out the day. Email us at email@example.com or contact us at 416-262-3400 to reserve your child’s spot. $365/per child for the full week.
Join us in the new year for a wonderful new class with Chef Francesco Lagi who is visiting from Florence. In this class you will learn to make three desserts, one plated and two that will be taken home. These are Tuscan pastries from the Renaissance period:
In Florence, during the year 1500, desserts were something only for the rich. There was at that time an architect called Bernardo Buontalenti, in addition to designing the most beautiful palaces of Florence, he invented a sweet pastry that is still famous today. Chef Lagi will work with you to present this dessert in a modern day version.
At the same time in Siena panforte was invented and became wildly popular. The preparation of this sweet was left to pharmacists & chemists of the time, and was intended to be served solely to the rich residents and the clergy because it contained what were considered expensive ingredients at the time: orange, lime, melon, almonds and spices.
The third cookie you will make with Chef Francesco is the Ricciarelli. Legend has it that the Knight Ricciardetto Gherardesca introduced these cakes after his return from the Crusades, to visitors who called on his castle near Volterra. This cookie is the first confectionery to have the protection of the European Union for heritage preservation. In March 2010, the name Ricciarelli di Siena has been recognized as a protected term.
- Date: Saturday February 7th, 2015
- Time: 10-12noon
- Location: 1006 Dundas Street West, M6J1W6; Le Dolci’s Culinary Studio. We’re located in Downtown Toronto, across from Trinity Bellwoods Park.
- Book: www.LeDolci.com/ClassSchedule
Gifts for the foodie in your life
Only a week to go until we can enjoy hot chocolate in our pjs with our families! If you’re still searching for a gift for a food lover, here are some ideas.
1. GIVE THE GIFT OF CULINARY CLASSES – With over 10 different classes to choose from your Kris Kringle will have fun in our kitchen and hopefully bring you some of their delicious work after class. Check out our NEW classes for 2015:
- Tuscan dessert class with Chef Francesco direct from Florence’s Villa Mangiacane.
- Molecular gastronomy & desserts Part II with Chef Devonne
- Brush embroidery cake design & advanced piping class with Chef Stef
- Gluten Free baking and eating for healthy living
- Classes commence Jan 10th with our beloved Parisian Macaron class with Chef Lindsay
- Book online here or call to purchase a gift certificate 416-262-3400
2. YULE LOG – The original Yule logs were burned in the fireplace for protection and luck, but you don’t need a fireplace to enjoy our edible treat. Le Dolci is selling custom made Yule logs with vanilla or chocolate filling, complete with snowmen, mistletoe and more! $39. +Delivery available across the GTA.
CUSTOM CHRISTMAS COOKIES – Cookies and milk aren’t just for Santa. Our winter-inspired creations make a great addition to any gift. Delivery available across the GTA. $5 per cookie or $29 for five cookies in a gift box.
416-262-3400 to order
8. CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES & MACARONS – Along with our classic flavours we have candy cane, egg nog & Ferrerro Rocher on the menu this year. Call to order and have them delivered right to your door. 416-262-3400.
11. CAKE PEDESTALS – This Christmas, make your cake the star of the party. Our cake stands are perfect hostess gifts. Available in a variety of sizes to showcase your perfect desserts. Check out our full selection here. Order online and we will put in same day courier. Prices from $16-$100.
12. CULINARY ADVENTURE TO PARIS / ITALY in 2015 –
For the ultimate gift, we have our hands-on culinary adventures to Paris & Northern Italy in 2015! Spend your days working with top chefs, eating the best local cuisine, exploring hidden food and wine gems of each city and having daily cooking and baking classes with our charismatic chef hosts. *This is the view from your school in the Dolada Mountains of Italy.
Paris: Monday May 11-Friday May 15, 2015
Italy: Monday May 18-Saturday May 23rd, 2015
Find out more. or give us a call to chat about your adventure with us 416-262-3400
May your holiday season be filled with health and happiness. From our family to yours, we wish you the best.Merry Christmas,
xoLisa & Team Le Dolci
Check out our daily fun: @LeDolci on Instagram and Twitter
416-262-3400 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more reason to be merry and bright? Take a festive holiday baking class at Le Dolci THIS WEEK and receive 20% off. Wrapped with love, all of the cookies, candies and macarons that you take home are perfect stocking stuffers. Call 416-262-3400 to book any of the below and receive 20% off the listed price.
See you in class.
Holiday Candy & Caramels (THIS WEDNESDAY)
Learn the fundamentals of sugar cooking with a festive twist. We make a chewy soft caramel, a light and crunchy honey comb candy and a triple chocolate covered English toffee – all with a touch of holiday magic!
- Wednesday December 10, 7:00pm to 9:00pm -$80pp
Gingerbread House-Making for kids (THIS SATURDAY)
At last week’s session we had a blast with lots of candy eaten and cute houses made. This Saturday your child will work with royal icing, candy and other sweet treats to build and decorate their own gingerbread house.
- Saturday December 13, 10:00am to 11:00am. $25/child.
Parisian Macarons – Holiday Special
Our most popular class, learn the secrets to these “look-way-more-difficult-than-they-really-are” perfect little treats. We’ll keep things festive with holiday colours and yummy seasonal flavours (think Ferrero Rocher, candy cane and eggnog!).
- Saturday December 13, 12:00pm to 2:00pm $90/pp
Holiday Cookie Baking Extravaganza
Make this year’s holidays extra-special by giving the gift of homemade holiday cookies. In this class you’ll make the adorable candy cane cookies in the photo below, coconut macaroons with chocolate tops, shortbread and vanilla thumbprint cookies.
- Sunday December 14, 12:00pm to 2:00pm -$80pp
Here’s to a sweet holiday season!
xoLisa & Team Le Dolci
Don’t forget to check out our daily fun: @LeDolci on Instagram and Twitter
416-262-3400 / email@example.com
Le Dolci is joining #localTOmrkt, a market dedicated to supporting independent creators, local businesses and neighbourhoods of Toronto. The brand new event, hosted by AdHoc, a great organization that facilitates pop-up experiences (shops, markets, dining, music, art, entertainment) for small to large brands and organizations, will be a unique holiday shopping experience.
Find us at the market to shop for all the food lovers in your life…
– Sweet stocking stuffers
– Gift packages featuring certificates for our culinary classes
– Macarons (gift boxes for your loved ones and singles to sustain you during your shopping adventures!)
Our Holiday Gift Certificate Sale makes it easy for you to be one of those awesome-at-life people who have all their shopping done before December this year.
From now until November 25th, purchase $100 gift certificate and receive $150 in value.
Call our shop to purchase your gift certificates today! 416-262-3400.