The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe from Le Dolci Culinary Classroom
A Decadent Delight: The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe from the Le Dolci Culinary Classroom
For any passionate baker or dessert enthusiast, few things rival the satisfaction of crafting the perfect chocolate cake. Its rich, velvety texture and deep cocoa flavor make it an all-time favorite. At Le Dolci Culinary Classroom, where culinary dreams come true, we've discovered a chocolate cake recipe that consistently steals the show. Today, we're excited to share with you the recipe for the best chocolate cake that you'll ever taste, one that will elevate your baking skills to new heights.
Ingredients You'll Need:
57g vegetable oil
165g all purpose flour
46g cocoa powder
5g baking powder
5g baking soda
A pinch of salt
50g boiling water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the oil and sugar together using an electric mixer.
- Add the egg and mix until combined. Add the eggs a few at a time if scaling up this recipe.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate
- Combine the buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- Alternate between adding dry and milk to the oil and sugar mixture, starting and ending with
dry ingredients. Scrape the bowl from time to time!
- Add the boiling water in a slow steady stream while the mixer is on low speed. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- Stop the mixer just before everything is totally mixed together and finish mixing by hand
until everything is just combined. Do not overmix!
- Portion batter into a greased and lined pan. Tap the cake pan down on the table to fill in any large air pockets at the bottom of the cake and to have the batter come to level.
- Bake at 325F or 160C until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle of the
the cake comes out clean, ~25 minutes for a tall 6” cake and ~17 minutes for 6” cake layers.
- Cool the cake completely then release from the pan. Decorate on the
same day or wrap cakes tightly in plastic wrap and store in the freezer
(not the fridge) for up to three months.
Tips and Tricks:
- sift your cocoa powder if it is very lumpy
- don’t skip the boiling water step for an extra-chocolatey cake
- scrape, scrape, scrape and mix before adding in new ingredients!
With this incredible chocolate cake recipe from Le Dolci Culinary Classroom, you'll create a dessert masterpiece that's sure to impress anyone lucky enough to have a slice. The moist, tender crumb of the cake, the rich chocolate flavor, and the decadent ganache and frosting make this cake a true showstopper. Whether you're a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to take their chocolate cake game to the next level. So, put on your apron, preheat your oven, and let the baking adventure begin!
Tempted to do a baking class in Toronto to learn more about baking the perfect chocolate cake? Look no further than Le Dolci.
Follow us on Instagram @Ledolci