Five Day Cake Baking & Decorating Masterclass
If you've always dreamed of being a cake decorator, this 5-day masterclass is the perfect introduction to Cakes!
This class is perfect for absolute beginners! This is a 5 day course running for 5 hours each day.
DAY 1: FOUNDATIONS OF CAKE BAKING AND BUTTERCREAM
- Mix, colour and bake a vanilla cake
- Make swiss meringue buttercream in groups
- Learn how to colour buttercream
- Learn how to use a piping bag and practicing piping design techniques
DAY 2: MAKING A STRIPED CAKE
- Learn how to cut and layer your colourful cake
- Learn how to use essential cake tools to achieve smooth straight sides on your cake
- Learn how create stripes on the sides of your cake
DAY 3: BUTTERCREAM PIPING AND TECHNIQUES ON CUPCAKES
- How to use piping bags and tips to decorate cupcakes with buttercream
- How to pipe a rose, 5 petal flower and mum
- How to pipe leaves and foliage to complete your cupcakes
Day 4: INTRODUCTION TO GUMPASTE AND FONDANT:
- Where to buy and how to store fondant and gumpaste
- How to colour and mix fondant and gumpaste
- How to use essential cake tools to achieve smooth straight sides on your cake
- How to cover your cake in fondant and which tools to use
- How to use fondant cutouts to decorate and finish your cake
- How to add proper supports to your gumpaste teddy bear before placing on your finished cake
Day 5: 2 TIERED CAKE
- How to use piping bags and colours to decorate your cake
- How to use essential cake tools to achieve smooth straight sides on you cake
How to properly add supports and stack a two tiered cake
You will go home with:
- A one tier 6’’ round tall rainbow cake that you will have decorated yourself on Day 2
- buttercream flower cupcakes from Day 3
- A fondant cake with gumpaste topper that you will have created on Day 4
- A two tiered buttercream cake flower cake on Day 5
- Chocolate cake recipe, vanilla cake recipe, Swiss meringue and American buttercream recipe, emailed to you at the time of your booking
- ‘How to use piping tips’ recipe emailed to you at the time of your booking
Pictures are for display purposes only. Your teacher will talk you through design elements in any picture shown, but for efficient running of this class, you will be guided by her in terms of design.
All ingredients and equipment, including transport boxes, for your cake course are provided, you do not need to bring anything with you. The teacher will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
If you would like, you can bring a large bag to carry your cake(s) home. We provide sturdy cardboard boxes, but you may find it easier to carry your cake(s) in a reusable tote bag especially if taking public transit to class.