DOUGH - Doughnut Class
Join us for our Doughnut Class!
This class is great for absolute beginners! And you will achieve all this in just ONE day! Wow!
Please note, classes taking place on Mother's Day Weekend may be held in the upstairs studio which is accessible by stairs only, please email us if you need to be accommodated.
This is a 2 hour class
In this two hour class, you will learn the fundamentals of creating brioche doughnuts, including mixing, proofing and frying. The dough is premade for you so you can get to the satisfying doughnut rolling, cutting, and frying part. Decorate your sweet creations with a variety of toppings and glazes. Each student takes home their sweet and delicious goodies… to share or not to share.
In this class you will learn:
- How to roll out your doughnut dough
- The technique for precisely cutting out your doughnut shapes
- How to gauge whether your doughnut dough is proofed enough to fry
- How to safely fry your doughnuts to the perfect golden brown texture
- How to decorate your doughnuts
You will leave this class with:
- 8-12 doughnuts based on how you roll/cut your dough, and a few doughnut holes
- An understanding of working with brioche dough and proofing
- An understanding of how to fry your doughnuts
- Knowledge of how to recreate doughnuts and how to easily decorate them
- Our brioche doughnut recipe, chocolate glaze recipe, and vanilla glaze recipe (will be emailed to you before class)
Pictures are for display purposes only. Our chef will talk you through design elements in any picture shown, but for efficiency you will be guided by her in terms of design.
If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us to discuss before you book a spot.
All ingredients and equipment is provided, you do not need to bring anything with you. Our chef will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
Add one of our "Good Things Come To Those Who Bake" Aprons when booking your class to bring home one of our lovely aprons!
Please use our hashtag #ledolci and tag us @ledolci when posting your class creations on social media. We’d love to share your content with our followers.