Ep 008 | A chat with Canada's News Media Queen Angela Pacienza
Subscribe on your favourite media player:
- src="https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0434/1651/8807/files/logo_apple_podcasts.png?v=1676602807" alt="Apple Podcasts logo" />
In this episode of the Culinary Chronicles Podcast, Lisa talks with Angela.
Join me (Lisa!) as I chat with Angela. Angela Pacienza is the Executive Editor at The Globe and Mail, where she’s responsible for delivering quality, audience-first journalism, as well as driving culture change to create a more nimble, inclusive and forward-thinking newsroom. Angela has oversight over programming and audience teams across all platforms, as well as the editing, podcast and visual departments.
She’s passionate about closing the gap between storytelling and audience, as well as leading and designing new approaches to digital, print and visual journalism. Angela is a graduate of the Online News Association’s Women’s Leadership Accelerator program (2018) and a mentor with Digital Women Leaders. She currently sits on the board of directors for the Canadian Journalism Foundation and the Online News Association.
She lives in Toronto with her husband, two teenaged kids and a very loud cat. In the summer you'll find her in the garden tending to her veggies while listening to podcasts.
In their conversation, Lisa and Angela talk about;
- What her career at the Globe and Mail looks like
- What her life looks like at home with her family
- Her experience with interviewing people from politicians to celebrities and celebrities chefs!
- What you will find Angela cooking in the kitchen with her family
- What she is seeing as food trends
- What types of food you can expect to see at the Globe and Mail
- Her travel experiences with food
- What an elaborate dinner party would look like
- How she nourishes her family and what eating looked like growing up
Enjoy the conversation!
**Links mentioned in this episode:**
- Cookbook, “Dinner in One: Exceptional & Easy One Pan Meals”, Melissa Clark
- Cookbook, “Mandy’s Gourmet Salads: Recipes for Lettuce and Life”, Mandy Wolfe, Rebecca Wolfe and Meredith Erickson