Ep 003 | Art, Food & Life Lessons Around the Table with Emily McInnes
Subscribe on your favourite media player:
In this episode of the Culinary Chronicles Podcast, Lisa talks with Emily.
Join me (Lisa!) as I chat with Emily McInnes: mega art curator + art related e-commerce platform creator.
Emily was the Co-Founder and Co-Director of Flash Forward Festival and was the Director of Creative Development for CONTACT Toronto Photography Festival where she curated large-scale, temporary public art projects to activate partnerships with Magnum Photos, Scotiabank, The National Gallery of Canada and others.
This amazing woman supports the arts and emerging artists and we get to chatting about life, art, business, her adorable son, and the most hilarious food-related thing she did for his birthday. Join us! Follow the link below to bookmark it on your favourite podcast platform!
Emily was an advisor to Magnum Photos and was a founding member of the Timeraiser where she served on the art jury for 11 years. In 2010, Emily was selected as one of 15 “Women Entrepreneurs Who Makes a Difference” from among 16,000 applicants across the globe, to participate in a private business program led by thought leader Seth Godin in New York.
In their conversation, Lisa and Emily talk about;
- The online world of art
- Emily’s food and travel adventures to Botswana and back
- What food artistry means to her and so much more
Enjoy the conversation!
**Links mentioned in this episode:**
- Visit the website EyeBuyArt
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/
- Tan Tan Noodles at Momofuku
- T&T Grocery Store -for wild and wonderful fruits
- Durian Fruit
- Truffle Pig Travel - Butterfield & Robinson -bespoke travel agencies
- Jeffersonian Dinners
- Friends of the Family Program for Syrian refugees
- Kristin Sjaarda Artist
- Jana Sterbak
- Giuseppe Arcimboldo - portraits made out of fruits, vegetables & fish!
- Jacks Camp - Botswana
- Lisa's fave photo that she bought from Emily! by Kerry Shaw