Blog & News from Icing Sugar Towers
Gnocchi Pasta Party! Make & Eat Pasta with Us!
Gnocchi Pasta Party! Eating & Making
Join us for our Stuffed Gnocchi Class! This class is PERFECT FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS!
During this 2.5 hour class you will be making your own gnocchi dough! Your teacher will guide you through the dough making process then demonstrate how to fill your gnocchi and create other common gnocchi shapes.
Your gnocchi will be cooked on site and served in a red sauce. The last hour of class will be for you to enjoy all the hard work you've just done! Gnocchi dinner is served with breadsticks, salad and a glass of wine.
You will leave class with half or the fresh pasta to be cooked at home, kept stored in your freezer for future cooking.
Gnocchi making is instructed by one of our very talented teachers. What a great way to spend an evening!
In this class, you will learn:
- How to make gnocchi pasta dough
- How to cut, roll, and fill gnocchi
- How to properly cook and prepare gnocchi
Class meal will be served family style and consist of:
- Gnocchi made in class served in a red sauce
- 1 glass of wine
- Salad and breadsticks to enjoy with dinner
You will go home with:
- Roughly 12 pieces of stuffed spinach ricotta gnocchi, or stuffed and unstuffed gnocchi based on the students choosing
- New understanding of pasta doughs and different types of shapes
- An understanding on how to cook fresh pasta
The pictures are for display purposes only. Your teacher will talk you through pasta shapes in any picture shown, but for efficient running of this class, you will be guided by her in terms of design.
All ingredients and equipment, including transport boxes, for your pasta are provided, you do not need to bring anything with you. The teacher will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us to discuss before you book a place.
If you would like, you can bring a bag to carry your pasta home. We provide sturdy cardboard boxes, but you may find it easier to carry your box in a reusable tote bag especially if taking public transit from class.