Ep 017 - Leading Women in the Workforce
Subscribe on your favourite media player:
In this episode of the Culinary Chronicles Podcast, Lisa talks with Tammy Heermann.
Join host Lisa in this engaging episode as she sits down with Tammy Herman, a renowned expert in leadership development and women's empowerment. Tammy shares her inspiring journey, from her extensive career in leadership development to her passionate focus on advancing women in the workplace.
In their conversation, Lisa and Tammy talk about;
- Tammy's Background: Tammy Herman has spent nearly 25 years in leadership development, working with organizations to develop strong leaders. Over a decade ago, she began focusing specifically on empowering women, a passion that has grown over the years.
- Changes for Women in the Workplace: Tammy discusses the progress and challenges women have faced in the workforce over the past two decades. While there has been notable progress, she emphasizes the importance of ongoing conversations about women's equality.
- Emotional Salience in Learning: Tammy explains the significance of emotional engagement in the learning process, particularly when addressing mindset and leadership skills. She believes in addressing the emotions and mindset before diving into skill development.
- Tammy's Book: Tammy shares insights about her book, "Reframe Your Story," which dives into the seven common toxic stories women often tell themselves. The book offers guidance on recognizing and overcoming these narratives.
- Tammy's Love for Food: Tammy's passion for food shines through as she discusses her love for cooking, trying new cuisines, and creating memorable dining experiences. She shares anecdotes about cooking for her family and the joy of exploring diverse flavors.
- Sensory Appreciation: Tammy appreciates the visual and sensory aspects of food, noting how the ambiance and presentation in restaurants can significantly enhance the overall experience.
- Memorable Dining: The conversation touches on the artistry of restaurants, from decor to menu design, and how these elements contribute to a memorable dining experience.
Enjoy the conversation!
**Links mentioned in this episode:**
- Visit Tammy’s website Tammy Heermann
- Check out her book, “Reframe Your Story: Real Talk for Women Who Want to Let Go, Do Less and Be More-Together” HERE
- Connect on Instagram
- Ottolenghi Cookbook HERE
- Recipe for Jamie Oliver’s Halloumi peach skewers HERE
- Gorgonzola Fig recipe HERE