Blog & News from Icing Sugar Towers
Mary Luz Mejia's Hot Chocolate Recipe
Hot Chocolate Recipe from Mary Luz made for our first Chocolate Tasting Class' guests.
This is the delicious Hot Chocolate drink Mary Luz made for our Chocolate Tasting Class' guests.
Mary Luz's Hot Chocolate recipe:
Makes 1 Mug
- I full cup of your choice of milk (dairy or alternative)
- 1 tablespoon of good quality cacao powder (I used great stuff from the Belize Chocolate Company- but Chachalate, SOMA, Desbarres etc... all sell some)- if you like yours darker, you can add a little more cacao powder should you prefer
- Coconut sugar or honey to taste
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Few drops of good vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon if you like (other great add ins you can experiment with: black pepper, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger)
- A square or two of bean-to-bar dark milk or dark chocolate
Bring milk, sugar, cacao powder to a simmer. Once combined with a whisk, add vanilla, spices, chocolate and sea salt. Whisk until frothy and serve once hot. Enjoy as is or with a marshmallow if you like!
Want to join the next class? BOOK HERE