CAKE DECORATING - Introduction to Cake Decorating
Join us for our Intro to Masking and Piping class!
This class is great for absolute beginners! And you will achieve all this in just ONE day! Wow!
This is a 2 hour class
We will pre-bake the cake and make the buttercream for you so you can get to the super fun decorating part. This class is instructed by one of our very talented chefs. The best part is, you bring home a fully decorated, delicious cake that YOU will have created. Learn basic piping to finish your cake. (Star tip + rosette design)
In this class you will learn:
- How to fill and stack a cake
- How to crumb coat and fully cover your cake in buttercream using specialized tools
- How to create shells and rosettes to finish your cake
You will leave this class with:
- A finished vanilla American buttercream cake
- A new understanding of buttercreams, including American and Swiss
- A knowledge of how to store and prepare your cake for decorating
- A new understanding of decorating with buttercream, including on trend piping tips and design
- Vanilla cake recipe, American buttercream recipe and a bonus Swiss meringue buttercream recipe (emailed to you before class)
Pictures are for display purposes only. Our chef will talk you through design elements in any picture shown, but for efficiency you will be guided by her in terms of design.
If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us to discuss before you book a spot.
All ingredients and equipment is provided, you do not need to bring anything with you. Our chef will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
Add one of our "Good Things Come To Those Who Bake" Aprons when booking your class to bring home one of our lovely aprons!
Please use our hashtag #ledolci and tag us @ledolci when posting your class creations on social media. We’d love to share your content with our followers.