CAKE - New Years Eve CELEBRATION Cake
Join us in decorating your own New Years' Eve Cake! This class is PERFECT FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS! And you will achieve all this in just ONE day! Wow!
This is a 2-hour class
We will pre-bake the cakes for you and make buttercream so you can get to the super fun decorating part. This cake is instructed by one of our very talented teachers. What a great way to spend a day! Plus, the best part is, you will bring home a fully decorated yummy colourful vanilla cake that YOU will have made.
In this class, you will learn:
- How to cut and layer vanilla cake layers
- The method for making Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- How to prepare your cakes for decorating
- How to use essential cake decorating equipment to achieve smooth straight sides on your cake
- How to create edible sails, decorate and finish your cake
You will go home with:
- A one tier 6 inch round vanilla cake that you will have decorated yourself
- New understanding of swiss meringue buttercream
- New skills in decorating using very trendy techniques and designs
- An understanding of layering cakes
- An understanding of how to replicate future buttercream cakes
- An understanding of how to work with rice paper as a form of decorations
- Vanilla cake recipe, and swiss meringue buttercream recipe emailed to you after class
Pictures are for display purposes only. Your teacher will talk you through design elements in any picture shown, but for efficient running of this class, you will be guided by her in terms of design.
All ingredients and equipment, including transport boxes, for your cake course, are provided, you do not need to bring anything with you. The teacher will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us to discuss before you book a place.
If you would like, you can bring a large bag to carry your cake home. We provide sturdy cardboard boxes, but you may find it easier to carry your cake in a reusable tote bag especially if taking public transit to class.
Add one of our "Good Things Come To Those Who Bake" Aprons when booking your class to bring home one of our lovely aprons!