Recipes & Prep Lists - PRIVATE
Gingerbread Cookie Class
Thanks for booking a class with Le Dolci Culinary Classroom!
How do I get ready for class?
For in person Classes bring - yourself and your creativity.
For Online Classes - review the tools list and measure out your ingredients before class.
Have a question?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
xoTeam Le Dolci
- Butter 126g
- Brown Sugar 85g
- Molasses 100g
- Eggs 1 ea
- AP Flour 290g
- Baking Soda 1g
- Salt 1g
- Cinnamon 2g
- Ginger 2g
- Cloves 1g
- With the paddle attachment cream together butter and brown sugar, pour in molasses and mix well to combine
- Pour in eggs and mix until just combined
- Sift all dry ingredients together and add to butter and brown sugar
- Mix until just combined
- Decorate with melted chocolate/sprinkles/icing sugar/royal icing as desired
Bake at 325C, time will depend on size
Royal Icing (bonus recipe if you attended a virtual class)
- 400g icing sugar
- 180g pasteurized egg whites
- 800g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp meringue powder
- 1/3 cup water
- Combine the icing sugar and egg whites (or meringue powder and water) until smooth.
- Icing can be coloured with food colouring.
- Keep icing covered with a damp paper towel or dishcloth.
- Use to pipe borders on cookies.
- Thin the icing with water to flood cookies with icing, or use the icing as a glaze.
- Decorate with sprinkles and coloured sugar as desired.