Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing
Sugar cookies with Royal Icing
Please note: The Chef will pick shapes and colours based on season/theme.
This recipe can be adjusted according to season/occasion by changing the cutters and colours of your cookies.
Yield: 50 small to medium cookies
Ingredients for Sugar Cookie:
- 1 ⅞ cup or 425g Butter
- 1 ¾ cup or 185g Icing sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 Egg
4 ½ cups or 560g All purpose flour
Instructions for Sugar Cookies:
Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
Add flour in 2-3 rounds for easier mixing. Dough is done when flour is fully incorporated.
Form dough in a round disc, wrap with plastic/saran wrap and chill in the fridge overnight or in the freezer for at least half an hour before using.
Roll cookies out to about ½ cm in thickness and cut out shapes with desired cookie cutters.
Place on a cookie tray and bake for 8-12 mins at 325F.
Let the cookies cool on the tray before decorating with royal icing.
Ingredients for Royal Icing:
- 2 cups or 200g Icing Sugar
- 4 ½ tsp Meringue Powder
- 4-5 Tablespoons of Room Temperature Water
- Combine all ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Mix until light and fluffy, this should take about 1-2 minutes.
- Once the icing is nice and thick take out what you will need for dipping and add it to a bowl. Add enough water to make the mixture runny and dip-able.
- Add food colouring if you would like at this time.
- Dip sugar cookies one at a time and decorate with sprinkles. Let cookies dry 2-3 hours before storing in an airtight container.
- Alternatively you can put icing in a piping bag and decorate.
Leave on the counter and enjoy cookies for up to 1 week.