Tiramisu: Serves 4
- ½ cup (110g) granulated sugar
- 1 container or 450g of Mascarpone
- 5 eggs separated
- 12 Savoiardi Lady Fingers
- 1 cup (240ml) of strong coffee
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites into 2 different bowls
- With a whisk and half of the sugar mix the yolks together until the mixture looks like a pale yellow. With a spatula fold in the Mascarpone cheese, set aside.
- On a stand mixer with a whisk attachment began to mix the white on medium speed slowly adding the remaining sugar. Once all the sugar is added, increase the mixer to high speed and mix the whites and sugar until stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into the yolk mixture in three stages so as to not deflate the whites.
- Soak each lady finger into coffee before placing cookies in the serving dish of choice.
- Add half the mascarpone mixture on top of lady fingers, then repeat so you have a total of 2 layers lady fingers and 2 layers of filling
- Using a sieve, dust the top of your tiramisu with cocoa powder
- Best enjoyed within 24hrs of making