COOKIES - Gingerbread Cookie Class
Come along and join the Gingerbread Party! This class is PERFECT FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS! And you will achieve all this in just ONE day! Wow!
This is a 2 hour class
You will be provided with unbaked gingerbread dough to roll out your desired shapes. Your teacher will then bake your cookies for you so you can get to the super fun decorating part. Sugar cookie decorating is instructed by one of our very talented teachers. What a great way to spend a day! Plus, the best part is, you will bring home fully decorated yummy gingerbread cookies that YOU will have made.
In this class, you will learn:
– How to properly roll out gingerbread dough
– The method of how to make Gingerbread Cookie dough and Royal Icing
-How to cut and perfectly bake gingerbread cookie dough
– How to prepare royal icing piping bags for decorating
– How to use piping bags to decorate and finish your colourful cookies
You will go home with:
– Roughly 12 decorated cookies depending on size and shape of cutters, according to season
– New understanding of gingerbread cookie dough and royal icing
-A history of where gingerbread dough came from and how it got started
– New skills in decorating using very trendy techniques and designs
-An understanding on how to execute both gingerbread dough and royal icing at home
- gingerbread cookie dough recipe and royal icing emailed to you after class.
The pictures are for display purposes only. Your teacher will talk you through design elements in any picture shown, but for efficient running of this class, you will be guided by her in terms of design.
All ingredients and equipment, including transport boxes, for your cookies are provided, you do not need to bring anything with you. The teacher will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us to discuss before you book a place.
If you would like, you can bring a large bag to carry your cookies home. We provide sturdy cardboard boxes, but you may find it easier to carry your cookie box in a reusable tote bag especially if taking public transit from class.
Add a "Good Things Come To Those Who Bake" Apron to bring home with you after the class. Simply click the Apron add-on in the drop-down!
Please note that we do NOT allow video recording of our classes, though photos are encouraged. Please use our hashtag #ledolci when posting your class creations on social media.