Cinnamon Buns - Kit -Recipe & Prep List
For this class, you will need the following equipment:
- A weight scale (metric, in grams) *optional or measuring cups and teaspoons
- A stand mixer with a dough hook (if you do not have this don't worry it can also be mixed by hand)
- A rubber Spatula
- A few large bowls
- A rolling pin
- Vegetable spray or butter for greasing baking pan
- A serrated knife
- Pan to bake cinnamon rolls in (this could be a glass cake pan, pie plate, a round cake pan, anything with a lip)
- A whisk
- A small offset spatula (if you do not have an offset spatula, you can use a butter knife)
- Saran/plastic wrap
Cinnamon Bun - Recipe
- 280g or 2 ¾ cups of all purpose Flour (plus extra for dusting table)
- 4g or 1 teaspoon Salt
- 50g or ¼ cup of icing sugar
- 12g or ¾ tablespoon of instant yeast
- 120mL of milk
- 3 large eggs
- 75g or ⅓ cup of soft butter
- Warm milk to room temperature, add yeast and pinch of granulated sugar, set aside to bloom.
- Combine flour, salt and icing sugar in a separate bowl or into your KitchenAid stand mixer and mix.
- Add eggs one at a time, until they are combined.
- Add milk and continue to mix.
- Once your dough comes together into a ball, start to fold in the butter chunk by chunk.
- Continue to knead until the dough is smooth and stretches a lot like bubblegum.
- Once the dough has rested and risen a little, roll out into a rectangle and spread with filling.
- Starting from the edge, roll the dough into a long log and cut into even buns using a serrated knife.
- Place into a pan to proof.
Bake at 350*F for 15-20min please note every oven is different, bake until buns reach an internal temperature of 190F.
- 100g ½ a cup of brown sugar
- 56g ¼ cup of soft butter
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Combine sugar and cinnamon together.
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature.
- Spread butter onto your dough that is shaped into a rectangle using your offset spatula or butter knife.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture on top
- 115g or ½ a cup of soft butter
- 400g or 2 cups Icing Sugar
- 1 - 8oz brick style cream cheese softened (it is best to use brick style and not the container of cream cheese spread as you can end up with a runny frosting)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until they are smooth.
- Add icing sugar in stages until it is fully incorporated.
- Blend in vanilla or desired flavour.
- Spread onto warm cinnamon buns and serve.